Wax or Finish
Applying a wax or finish to a floor creates a glossy, protective layer that keeps your floor attractive, free from scratches and stains. However, over time these layers wear down or become dirty, and need to be removed before a new one can be reapplied.
Too Many Layers
Waxed floors such as linoleum or vinyl can flake or become yellow due to age or too many layers of wax. You can strip the old wax from the floor without the need for harsh, wax-stripping chemicals.
Process and Pricing
Strip old layers of floor finish, or wax, from residential or commercially tiled floors.
Strip & Wax Floor CleaningStep 1
- Remove all obstacles and furniture from the area.
- Set up an area of about 200 to 400 square feet.
- Set up the necessary caution/wet floor signs.
- Create an area for exiting the stripping area.
- Place mats down to remove protective footwear.
- Remove all debris, dirt, and large objects from the area.
Strip & Wax Floor CleaningStep 2
- Prep stripping materials.
- Consult the necessary SDS sheets for the stripping solutions.
- Apply stripping solution.
- Sufficiently cover the square foot area already set up.
- let it sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Attach pad to auto scrubber, leave the squeegee up.
- Auto scrub area.
Strip & Wax Floor CleaningStep 3
- Put the squeegee down.
- Auto scrub area again, recovering the dirty solution.
- Rinse and dry floor.
- Attach new pad to auto scrubber.
- Auto scrub area, with solution tank.
- Mop/scrub entire area with the neutralizer/water combination.
- Neutralize as much of the alkaline in the stripper as possible.
Schedule A Service Online!
When Scheduling a service online you'll receive a $20 discount!